Graduate Programmes should kick off a career that is about more than just hard work, it’s about achievement, rewards, job satisfaction and fun! Therefore, we have designed our programme to ensure that you get the best possible start to your career with us.
Pell Frischmann nominated for two ACE Engineering Excellence Awards
By Keir Pratt
We are pleased to announce that Pell Frischmann has been shortlisted for two Engineering Excellence Awards by the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE).
The annual ACE Engineering Excellence Awards recognise the outstanding engineering achievements within the UK and the winners of the 2015 awards are to be announced at a celebratory gala dinner on Wednesday 20th May at the Grand Connaught Rooms, London and will be hosted by Matt Forde. Last year, we were awarded the Building Structures Firm of the year (pictured), success we hope to better this year!
The ACE Building Structure and Utility Infrastructure awards are not given for the performance on single projects but for the overall performance of the company over the past year in structural engineering and utility infrastructure engineering respectively. The submission was assessed on the overall merits of three example projects that we provided for each award category.
For the Building Structures category, our examples were:
1) Kingsgate House and the Zig Zag Building, part of a major regeneration in Victoria providing a new build development comprising offices, residential, shops and restaurants;
2) The Etihad Training Academy Extension, regarded as the most up-to-date state-of-the-art flight simulator training centre for Etihad's expanding fleet of aircraft, and
3) Hammersmith Grove, involving the regeneration of a 0.6ha site into a new mixed-use development providing office and retail facilities. The other shortlisted companies in this category are: BDP, Capita Property and Infrastructure and Ramboll.
For the Utility Infrastructure category, our examples were:
- The Mid-Western Iraq Water Supply Project, a scheme to deliver clean drinking water to three Iraqi governorates (equivalent to England & Wales combined);
- The South West Water Revised Bathing Water Directive Works Programme, to improve the bathing waters of 7 beaches in the South West; and
- North Plymouth Water Treatment Works, a £54M project utilising new process technology and a major strategic investment for our client, supplying drinking water to all of Plymouth. The other shortlisted companies in this category are: GHA Livigunn, Royal HaskoningDHV and Waterman.
We would like to congratulate all the engineers involved on these projects.
Pell Frischmann has drawn up plans to grow its Highways and Transportation team to reflect increasing success in recent years.