Reports to: Highways Director
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
You will be integral member of the highways team working on all types of highways schemes from feasibility through to implementation. Providing experience and direction to the project team on highway design and construction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Design responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Utilisation of local staff, Pell Frischmann Contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
- Manage and Collate project information and liaise with the Client and client team as required
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of highways design experience
- Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
- Experience in resolving design issues including resolving comments from the Local Authority
- Industry standard computer aided tools i.e AutoCAD, AutoTRACK
- Communication skills; Verbal & Written
- Report Writing
- Ideally MSc or MEng
- Previous experience of an engineering organisation
- Knowledge and experience of the construction process
- Civil 3D
- Micro drainage
- Good presentation and communication skills
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary
- Season Ticket loans
- Salary sacrifice benefits