About the Role
The successful candidate will support and drive the delivery of a wide range of multi-disciplinary highways projects for public and private sector clients across the UK. The work covers all aspects of design and management from inception to option appraisals through to detailed design and delivery support. Interaction with other Pell Frischmann offices and disciplines forms part of the role.
Typically, the role will involve:
- Leading technical delivery of highway projects
- Derive solutions to engineering problems and use engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options
- Act as Technical Reviewer on projects.
- Project manage smaller scale schemes
- Undertake and oversee completion of designs using AutoCAD and the production of and review of design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Ensuring work produced is technically accurate and delivered in accordance with the appropriate standards.
- Manage the production of scheme deliverables.
- Liaise with other Pell Frischmann offices and specialist disciplines
- Manage junior staff in the preparation of scheme layouts using AutoCAD
- Mentor junior staff in the use and interpretation of DMRB, MCHW and other appropriate standards.
- Engage proactively with the Client to develop agreed project objectives.
- Support Project Managers on technical aspects of designs from project inception through to completion including development of scheme programmes and financial management
- Plan and manage your work and the work of junior staff to meet project needs
- Assist with/preparing fee offers for agreement with client
- A degree or HND/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered/Incorporated status and corporate membership of ICE, IHT or aligned recognised body.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil engineering design and delivery on a range of multi-disciplinary projects within highway and infrastructure environments for public and private sector clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverables within set time frame.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior staff and develop their skills
- Sound knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
- Ability to contribute to bids and tenders
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Experience of supervising highways works contracts
- Experience of client engagement and business development
- Project Management accreditation.
What’s in it for you?
Pell Frischmann can offer you an interesting and challenging range of projects, and the opportunity to progress your career within a new and growing team. We also make sure that everyone who joins us has a work-life balance that suits them. Our offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave (plus buy and sell)
- A range of other salary sacrifice benefits
- A range of training opportunities
- Pensions scheme
- Paid professional subscriptions