Job Title: Senior Drainage Analyst
Reports to: Associate
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
The Catchment Management team in our Exeter office is currently recruiting for a Senior Drainage Analyst. The team works on diverse drainage modelling, flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of our current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an enthusiastic and forward thinking individual to work as part of the team delivering these projects providing improved ways of working, effective analysis and technical input.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
· Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
· Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
· Prepare feasibility, designs, calculations, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Check work including third party design proposals as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Team Manager
· Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
· Assist with the preparation and maintenance of standard specifications as required
· Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
· Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients
· Comply with internal management system procedures.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
|Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
Good verbal and written communication skills.
A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, maintenance work