Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Reports to: Associate
Direct Reports: None at present
Main Purpose of the Job
Project management and technical design of live projects. Work is likely to be predominantly be on wastewater or clean water projects, either infrastructure or non-infrastructure. Other sector experience, such as rail and highways, would be an advantage. Position is based in Exeter, good client facing skills essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Project management of assigned projects to fully meet the client specification and in accordance with relevant standards.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Prepare or supervise own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other deliverables as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Awareness of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650.
- Promoting BIM and digital delivery best practice.
- Engage in client and third party liaison
- Line management, mentoring and performance appraisals of individuals within the section as required.
- Support learning and development of graduates and other team members.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.
|CEng MICE, or at least approaching Chartered status|
|Previous experience of working on projects with a central 3D model and ideally experience working on a BIM level 2 project. Awareness of BIM Execution Plans (BEPs) and associated documentation, such as Master Information Delivery Plans (MIDP).|
|Good knowledge of the following software tools:Autodesk products i.e. Civils3D, Plant3D, Revit and Navisworks. Common Data Environments i.e. ProjectWise, BIM 360 etc.|