Reporting to Associate Director, the successful candidate will be required to undertake detailed design of roads and infrastructure projects. The successful applicants will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas for projects and work within a newly established team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
• Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and standards.
• Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval
• Exercise engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
• Prepare designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
• Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
• Undertake work using relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods
• Comply with company business management system and the procedures IMS & BMS procedures
• MEng (Hons)/ BEng (Hons) / BSc Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
• Working towards or seeking a professional membership (IEng/CEng MICE or MCIHT);
- Ideally min 1-2 years experience,
- Proficient user of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience of working on Roads and Infrastructure projects
- Cycleway design
- Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Awareness of relevant design standard and practical application of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Highway Alignment (links, junctions & roundabouts), pavement and drainage design
- Awareness / Use relevant design software and standards;
- Essential – AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Non Essential but useful – Bentley MX, MicroDrainage,
- DMRB & Local Authority Standards
- Efficient communication skills and excellent level of written and spoken English