Job Title: Principal Transport Planning Engineer
Reports to: Divisional Director
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
Pell Frischmann are creating a new office in Edinburgh and are looking for experienced and energetic candidates. We are seeking an enthusiastic Transport Planner to join our teams in either Manchester or Birmingham engaged in all aspects of traffic and transport planning, including Transport Assessments for new developments, master-planning and urban regeneration projects, and Travel Plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Transport Feasibility Studies and Travel Plans.
Focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data, and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs.
Expected to work with and prepare spreadsheets and write reports.
Work as part of a growing team and required to carry out a variety of tasks so that report delivery deadlines are met.
Will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy commercially-focused team with an expanding workload.
Take some of the project management responsibility for the large number of projects we have.
Required to liaise with other professionals including architects and town planners, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Willing to adopt a flexible approach to their role to provide support to colleagues as workload dictates, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly and accurately and on time which, on occasion, includes working outside of normal office hours.
Will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning.
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role?
· Degree Level Transport Planning, Logistics or Geography
· MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
· Chartered or working towards membership
· Significant experience of transport planning in directly related fields
· Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, look after a team of professional staff as well as successfully run projects
· Experience of writing transport statements, assessments & travel plans
· Excellent presentation & report writing skills
· Efficient communication skills, excellent level of written and spoken English
· Good all round technical knowledge of all aspects of transportation planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering
· Arcady, Picady, LinSig, AutoCAD or GIS would be beneficial
· Experience of working within a consultancy
· Experience in highway / junction design at least at the concept design level
· The ability to secure work and develop business with clients
· Experience in public realm or civil engineering detailing
· Familiar with current design codes and standards
· Report Writing
· Project Management
· Customer Relations Management