An experienced Principal Highways Engineer will be the Lead Designer on a the New Luton Airport Access Road where PF are commissioned for 5 years through various stages of the project, providing leadership and direction to the project team and maintaining a local presence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Project management of Highways and Infrastructure jobs.
- Utilisation of local staff, Pell Frischmann Contractor staff in other offices, and sub consultants
- Manage design and disciplines for projects.
- Collate project information and liaise with the client as required
- Supervise site based projects as required.
- Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Coordinate and Liaise with other PF offices including Birmingham, MK, Wakefield
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Execute site-based or head office functions, liaising with the clients and other contractor’s staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
- Check/approve own and other staff work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan or as required by the Project Manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
- Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;
- Degree in a relevant Civil Engineering discipline
- Ideally MSc or MEng
- A minimum of 5 years of highways design
- Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
- Previous experience working for an engineering consultancy
- Knowledge and experience of administering NEC contracts, preparing works information and supervising works on site
- Industry standard computer aided tools i.e AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Micro drainage
- Good presentation, communication and report writing skills
What’s in it for you?
Pell Frischmann can offer you an interesting and challenging range of projects, and the opportunity to progress your career within a new and growing team. We also make sure that everyone who joins us has a work-life balance that suits them. Our offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave (plus buy and sell)
- A range of other salary sacrifice benefits
- A range of training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Paid professional subscriptions