Job Title: Principal Engineer Highways
Main Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Principal Engineer to join our Highways team in in our Manchester office. The successful candidate will support the team in the delivery of a variety highway projects. You will provide technical support on highway design activity from survey and feasibility, through to detailed design and construction phases.
You will also be responsible for the successful delivery of our projects in terms of quality, program and budget. Our current workload includes the design and supervision of highway projects for local authorities, county councils, contractors and airport operators. Good performance will be rewarded and there is opportunity for career progression within the local office and the wider business, including overseas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Civil Engineering degree (ideally a Masters)
- Min 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- At least 8 years in highways design
- Project Management experience
- Understanding of current highway design codes and standards
- Understanding of current health and safety legislation