Job Title: Principal Engineer
Reports to: Associate
Direct Reports: 1
Description of the Role
We are recruiting a Principal Civil Structures Engineer to join our Bridges Team in Bishops Stortford. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the design of new bridges and structures, as well as the inspection, assessment and remedial of existing bridges within both the rail and highway environment. As a Principal Engineer, you will be expected to use your skills and knowledge to take a lead on projects whilst providing mentorship and support to other members of the team. The role and responsibilities would include:
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Undertaking concept design, feasibility studies and preliminary design;
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes;
- Coordinating and ensuring the production of specification and drawings;
- Producing technical reports;
- Contribute to work winning and preparation of bid documents
· Relevant HNC or Degree
· Chartered or Near Chartered with relevant institution
· 6 years minimum post graduate experience
· Proven experience of inspection, assessment and design of various structures.
· Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards.
· Experience of structural analysis software such as Midas, Superstress and LUSAS.
· Proven experience of delivering projects to time and budget.
· Effective communication skills in a Client facing role.