We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly experienced Bridge Design Engineer to be based in either our Bishop's Stortford or London office.
You will manage and lead a design team in the delivery of projects associated with our bridge sector clients. Current projects include the inspection, assessments and design of highway and rail structures. As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for the technical and commercial success of your projects and the technical performance of your team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Line management of a team. Responsible for team performance and professional development.
- Project Management of projects in compliance with Pell Frischmann business management systems.
- Delivering projects on time, to cost and to quality
- Providing technical leadership
- Preliminary and detail design
- Technical report writing
- Compliance with current standards, codes and legislation.
- Assistance in preparation of bids and proposals.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree (Civil /Structural Engineering)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng or IEng)
- Minimum 8 years industry post qualification experience.
- Team Leadership
- Project Management
- Familiar with NEC Conditions of Contract
- Good understanding of bridge maintenance issues and solutions.
- Bridge analysis and design
- IT literate
- Communication skills; Verbal & Written English