Pell Frischmann are one of the UK's leading firms of consulting engineers, with major operations throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We provide design services for large clients such as Wessex Water, Severn Trent Water and South West Water and with involvement on a diverse range of water and waste water projects. Working with clients such as these means we have to be extremely customer focused, have great communicators who are technically competent to ensure the best service is provided.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Principal Mechanical Engineer you will join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers. As the Mechanical Engineer you will be expected to support multidisciplinary design schemes, assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Waste sectors as well as assist the project teams to complete scopes of work within the agreed time frame and to appropriate quality levels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in the capacity of Mechanical Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Undertake site surveys of existing mechanical infrastructure.
- Produce mechanical calculations, mechanical schedules and specifications.
- Undertake pumped system design calculations and pump selection.
- Produce hydraulic and pipework designs and P&I Diagrams
- Assist with effective management of project stakeholders (clients, contractors and other design disciplines etc).
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the other Pell Frischmann discipline leads on projects.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in relevant discipline.
- Experience of outline and detailed mechanical design aspects of Water and Waste Sector.
- A good understanding of all relevant standards and Codes of Practice and Health and Safety Legislation relevant to the Water and Waste sector.
- Experience in using current design methods.
- Be a proactive team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience of design using digital engineering/BIM systems (previous experience of working on projects with a central 3D model and ideally a BIM Level 2 project).
- Experience of ATEX/DSEAR.
- Working as part of a co-located team within a Client office (as required).
- BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience (HNC/HND).
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer: IEng (or working towards membership).
- CAD/BIM applications and understanding of current BIM software formats
- Working towards Chartered Mechanical Engineer membership.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary
- Season Ticket loans
- Salary sacrifice benefits