We are currently seeking a Legal and Risk Assistant with 2-4 years' experience, ideally with a background working in the construction, engineering or architecture sectors, to join a small, friendly and busy team working for an engineering consultancy firm in central London.
- Reviewing and assessing contracts associated with the engineering, architecture and construction sector including professional appointments, collateral warranties, letters of reliance, novation agreements, subcontract agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafting and amending project contracts, subcontract agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Undertaking and advising on contractual negotiations both internally and with clients/counsel.
- Maintaining and updating a suite of template documents.
- Assisting with legal disputes and claims.
- Reviewing and advising on non-construction contracts/company supplier agreements.
- Assisting with legal and risk training delivered internally.
- Assisting with corporate and company secretarial tasks.
- Advising group companies of internal corporate governance and insurance procedures.
- Giving general advice and guidance to group companies on legal, risk and commercial matters.
- Writing and distributing relevant legal updates and briefings.
Qualifications: LLB or GDL + LPC
For more detailed information please apply now and we will be happy to contact you and provide any additional information you require.