Job Title: Graduate Structural Engineer
Reports to: Senior/ Principal Engineer
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
The Building Structural team in our Bishop's Stortford office is currently recruiting for Graduate Engineers. The team works on diverse Structure and Building projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, drawings and project documents as identified under the guidance of the relevant Project Manager.
· Prepare / assist with the preparation of design statements, tender documents and any other reports identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
· Carry out other duties as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
· Utilise computer aided design systems, computer design software and other design aids, as required.
· Site visits to determine existing building geometry, condition of accessible structure, and inspect anything else that might be relevant when carrying out design for any plausible alterations.
· Read and interpret geotechnical reports as required for structural design.
· Have an understanding of all relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
· Carry out site supervision and site surveys as required, subject to site conditions due to disability.
· Comply with internal management system procedures.
· Programme individual work input to achieve project programme.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;