Job Title: Graduate Structural Engineer
Reports to: Senior/ Principal Engineer
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
The Building Structural team in our London office is currently recruiting for Graduate Engineers. The team works on diverse Structure and Building projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, drawings and project documents as identified under the guidance of the relevant Project Manager.
· Prepare / assist with the preparation of design statements, tender documents and any other reports identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
· Carry out other duties as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects.
· Utilise computer aided design systems, computer design software and other design aids, as required.
· Site visits to determine existing building geometry, condition of accessible structure, and inspect anything else that might be relevant when carrying out design for any plausible alterations.
· Read and interpret geotechnical reports as required for structural design.
· Have an understanding of all relevant Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
· Carry out site supervision and site surveys as required, subject to site conditions due to disability.
· Comply with internal management system procedures.
· Programme individual work input to achieve project programme.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;