Job Role: Graduate Engineer - Highways
Main Purpose of the Job
The Graduate Engineer will be required to undertake hands on design for Highways projects. The successful post holder will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas for projects and work within a well-established team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
• Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and standards.
• Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval
• Exercise engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
• Prepare designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
• Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
• Undertake work using relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods
• Comply with company business management system and the procedures IMS & BMS procedures
• Graduate - MEng (Hons)/ BEng (Hons) / BSc Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
• Awareness / Use relevant design software and standards;
• Essential, AutoCAD, Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Non Essential but useful –Bentley Mx, MicroDrainage, Civils 3D,
- Excellent communication skills; Verbal & Written