Job Title: Civil Engineer / BIM Coordinator
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Direct Reports: None at present
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage own workload and deliver projects on time and in accordance with client requirements. To carry out work within own area of technical discipline and also support the BIM Manager to implement digital delivery, upskilling and initiatives.
Work is likely to be predominantly on wastewater or clean water projects, either infrastructure or non-infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Civil Engineer specific
- Implement project requirements to fully meet the client specification and in accordance with relevant standards.
- Prepare own discipline designs, drawings and schedules to the required quality.
- Contribute to the production of Project Management Plans.
- Support the preparation of scheme evaluations, design statements, tender documents and any other required deliverables.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods
- Engage in client, contractor and third party liaison, including review of third party design proposals.
- Have a good understanding of BMS procedures.
- Support learning and development of graduates and other team members.
- Support the BIM Manager to ensure project compliance to fully meet the client specifications and in accordance with relevant standards.
- Have a good understanding of BIM Level 2 compliance requirements.
- Experience and awareness of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650.
- Support creation, management and coordination of Federated Models.
- Support management of clash detection and model validation workshops including report writing and issue resolution.
- Competent in managing 2D/3D Model Rendition processes
- Promoting BIM best practice and support upskilling of staff.
- Support development of innovative products enabling better collaboration, programming and scheduling of design activities.
- Configuring the Common Data Environment hand-in-hand with the ICT department to allow resource to best utilise the central storage system on live projects.