Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Divisional Director
Direct Reports: None
Pell Frischmann are one of the UK's leading firms of consulting engineers, with major operations throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia. We provide design services for large clients such as Wessex Water, South West Water and Severn Trent Water and get to work on a diverse range of water projects. Working with clients such as these means we have to be extremely customer focused, have effective communicators, to ensure they get the best service throughout the project.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the M&E Director you will join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers. As the Electrical Engineer you will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes, assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Waste sectors as well as assist the project teams to complete scopes of work within the agreed timeframe
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Act in the capacity of Lead Electrical Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design power systems (mainly low voltage), automation and instrumentation systems.
- Undertake site surveys of existing electrical infrastructure.
- Produce electrical calculations, electrical schedules, specifications, Single Line Diagrams and system architecture.
- Undertake checks and reviews of electrical designs prepared by others.
- Produce User Requirement Specifications/Control Philosophies and P&I Diagrams
- Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, contractors and other design disciplines etc).
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
- Carry out site surveys and produce technical feasibility reports.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the other Pell Frischmann discipline leads on projects.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in relevant discipline.
- Experience of outline and detailed electrical design aspects of Water and Waste Sector.
- A good understanding and experience in using all of the relevant standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Water and Waste sector.
- Experience in using current design methods.
- Experience in low voltage design.
- Be a proactive team player with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience of ATEX/DSEAR.
- Experience of Variable Speed Drives, electric motors and power switchgear.
- Working as part of a co-located team within a Client office.
- Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
- BSc or BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (HNC/HND, or equivalent).
- Chartered Electrical Engineer (CEng) or working towards it.
- Member of the IET.
- CAD/BIM and Amtech electrical software.
- MEng qualification.