Job Title: Drainage and Flood Risk Engineer
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
The Surface Water Management team in our Wakefield office is currently recruiting for an Engineer. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage, infrastructure, and environmental projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of our current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects and providing high quality technical input and effective project management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· As Lead Engineer, manage scheme programmes, costing and design co-ordination
· Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
· Execute site-based or office functions, liaising with clients and other contractors’ staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager.
· Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
· Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager
· Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
· Comply with internal management system procedures.
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role?
|· Planning, designing and implementing SUDS
· Competent user of MicroDrainage software
· Competent user of GIS software
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
· Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
Good verbal and written communication skills.||· A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage A practical knowledge and experience of earthworks and drainage design, assessment, and maintenance work.|