Job Title: Flood Risk Engineer / Consultant
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
The Water & Environment team in our London office is currently recruiting for a Flood Risk Engineer. The team works on diverse range of pre and post planning design, including undertaking flood risk assessments, hydraulic modelling, hydrology assessments, SuDS, drainage and infrastructure design through to completion for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As Lead Engineer / Consultant, successfully deliver projects and design co-ordination
Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
Execute site-based or office functions, liaising with clients and other contractors’ staff to collect project specific information as required by the Project Manager
Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager
Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
Comply with internal management system procedures
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role?
· Civil Engineering, Geography degree or similar
· Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (ICE or CIWEM) or close to achieving this.
· Minimum of three years’ experience of flood risk projects including hydraulic modelling and hydrology assessments
· Experience of preparation of documents for seeking planning permission.
· Previous experience of delivering flood risk projects for land development, regeneration and transportation
· Experience of contributing to and writing Water Environment / Flood Risk chapters for Environmental Statements.
· Planning, designing and implementing SUDS
· Competent user of MicroDrainage software
· Competent user of GIS software
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
· Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
· A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, and maintenance work
· Knowledge of procedures in estimating hydrology for catchments
· Knowledge of using Flood Modeller and TUFLOW
· Awareness of Integrated Urban Drainage Models such as InfoWorks ICM.