Job Title: Drainage and Flood Risk Manager (Technical Director)
Reports to: Head of Environmental Management & Sustainability
Direct Reports: Five
Main Purpose of the Job
The Surface Water Management team in our London office is currently recruiting for a Technical Director to lead the team and play a leading part in the direction and capabilities of the wider team. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of our current work and increased project wins, we are seeking a motivated and credible person to lead the team delivering these projects, while providing a high level of client satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to developing a specialist flood risk management and drainage team across the UK utilising and developing staff across the company;
- Framework / project management of strategic flooding and drainage related projects for developers, local authorities, the Environment Agency and water companies;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Line management and mentoring of individuals within the section;
- Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
- Technical quality of work from team (own discipline); and
- Business development – promote the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role?
|· Highly effective communication skills; verbal & written|
· Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings. · Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
· Highly effective communication skills; verbal & written
· Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills