Job Title: Civil Engineer
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Direct Reports: None at present
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage own workload and deliver projects on time and in accordance with client requirements. To carry out work within own area of technical discipline and also support the development of digital delivery processes.
Work is likely to be predominantly on wastewater or clean water projects, either infrastructure or non-infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement project requirements to fully meet the client specification and in accordance with relevant standards.
- Prepare own discipline designs, drawings and schedules to the required quality.
- Contribute to the production of Project Management Plans.
- Support the preparation of scheme evaluations, design statements, tender documents and any other required deliverables.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods
- Awareness of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650.
- Promoting BIM and digital delivery best practice.
- Engage in client, contractor and third party liaison, including review of third party design proposals.
- Have a good understanding of BMS procedures.
- Support learning and development of graduates and other team members.
|Working towards CEng MICE (Chartered status)|
|Previous experience of working on projects with a central 3D model and ideally experience working on a BIM level 2 project. Awareness of BIM Execution Plans (BEPs) and associated documentation, such as Master Information Delivery Plans (MIDP).|
|Good knowledge of the following software tools:Autodesk products i.e. Civils3D, Plant3D, Revit and Navisworks. Common Data Environments i.e. ProjectWise, BIM 360, etc.|