Job Title: Associate/Principal Engineer
Reports to: Highways Director
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
An experienced Associate/Principal Engineer and integral member of the highways team working on all types of highways schemes from feasibility through to implementation. Providing management experience and direction to the project team on all forms of projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
- Management responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
- Able to evaluate, write tenders/project scopes including financial aspects.
- Manage project finances, project scope and delivery expectations
- Attend Client and client team meetings as required
- Able to prepare technical reports and detailed exercises to support developments from initial site appraisal to detailed planning applications/technical approvals
- Provide support and guidance to the team and provide support to the planning team
- Supervise site projects and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
- Coordinate and liaise input from other PF offices
- Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
- Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
- Check/approve work, able to confidently discuss schemes in detail.
- Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
Essential or Preferred Experience
- Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of highways design experience
- Experience of running teams including coordinating with multi dis teams
- Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
- Full understanding of current design standards and typical construction principals
- Experience in resolving design issues including resolving comments from the Local Authority
- Understanding of project finances including utilization, costing and forward planning
- Able to write fee proposals, reports and Tenders
- Confident to express ideas/results in meetings.
- Able to evaluate costs, value against budgets
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Project/ programme software, able to interrogate and establish key milestones/works processes.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary
- Season Ticket loans
- Salary sacrifice benefits