We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate Engineer to manage an existing team in our Luton office and grow our existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for major highways schemes, along with various other civil projects for a variety of clients. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
- Preparation of highway design and specifications.
- NEC Project Management
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way
- Providing technical guidance to others
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects
- Mentoring Engineers
Qualifications, Experience & Skills;
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Incorporated Engineer (ideally Chartered MICE)
- Previous Highways design experience at an Associate level
- Experience of major highway design works, incl S106, S38 etc.
- Previous experience working in a consulting organisation
- Previous experience working with Local Government clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to graduates.
- Experience of AutoCad and other standard design software
- Knowledge of design codes
What’s in it for you?
Pell Frischmann can offer you an interesting and challenging range of projects, and the opportunity to progress your career within a new and growing team. We also make sure that everyone who joins us has a work-life balance that suits them. Our offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave (plus buy and sell)
- A range of other salary sacrifice benefits
- A range of training opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Paid professional subscriptions