Job Title: Associate Highways Engineer
Reports to: Technical Director
Direct Reports: None
Main Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate Engineer to manage an existing team in our Luton office and grow our existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for major highways schemes, along with various other civil structures projects for a variety of clients. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
- Preparation of highway design and specifications.
- NEC Project Management
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way
- Providing technical guidance to others
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects
- Mentoring Engineers
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are; Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role? Examples to consider / add to below;
Civil Engineering Degree or a relevant discipline.
Chartered MICE or MIStructE
Previous Highways design experience at an Associate level
Experience of major highway design works, incl S106, S38 etc.
Previous experience of an engineering organisation
Previous experience working with Local government clients.
Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to graduates.
Experience of AutoCad and design software
Knowledge of design codes